Thursday, July 7, 2011

Health Update

So, I went to weigh in on Saturday July 2nd for fun.  I had been eating well, went swimming, and thought I had done really well.  It was only 4 days from my last weigh in, so I wasn't expecting anything much coming off my 5 lb loss, but was excited to find out.

I weighed in...... up 2 pounds.  UP?  What?!?!?!?

I was really upset.  I was on a roll and doing very well.  I thought I would be down a bit and it would help me stay focused during the holiday, which was made harder by making homemade ice cream and working the booth selling it.  I know there are ups and downs on the scale.  I am aware that without consistent exercise there will come a day that I will not lose anymore until I add it in.  But 2 pounds????? Dang!

This was another stumbling block put in my way to test me.  Could I resist temptation to give up?  I had not blogged in a while anything substantial, so it would be easy just to have a bad week and then blog when things were good!!!  However, this time is going to be different.  I wont let minor setbacks derail the greater goal.  I will not fail as I have in the past by giving up.  Having this blog and those of you who have encouraged me and kept me accountable (yes, Jonny and others, I mean you!) was a great source of strength.

So I kept going forward.  I made the ice cream.  I refused to even taste it.  I refused to lick a drop off my finger.  In this time when I could easily slip up or give up, I held strong.  I kept the course.  I cleared the stumbling block and I am ready to continue moving forward.

So I weighed in on Wednesday (first time I could get to the scale).  The result was a 1 pound loss (3 pounds down from my unofficial weigh in midweek).  That 1 pound was huge for me.  It not only symbolized another successful week, but it symbolized my first real challenge.  I must admit that I am very excited.  So, to sum it up....  I am now down 30 pounds.  Not bad so far. 

So, what do I go do?  Well, I opened my mouth and put my foot in it.  I made a challenge I can't really win.  I challenged someone to race to a certain weight.  They need to lose 135 fewer pounds than I do to get to this weight.  However, I am going to give it my all.  I do hope to lose this bet because this person is my friend and I want that person to succeed.  However, I am going to try and get there.  My situation is much easier for me to lose weight than for my challenger.  Family situation, work, and current eating habits all favor me.  I am a very competitive person with too big a mouth (and stomach FOR NOW).  Wish me luck and hope I get there soon but lose by a lot!

Well, good day for now. 

2 comments:

  1. Three cheers for you standing strong at the ice cream booth!!!!!! Way to go! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete