Sunday, May 8, 2011

A personal call for help

I am obese. There is no sugar coating it although if it was sugar coated I would probably eat it.  I worry about my health every day yet I have yet to be able to fix it.

Being a Christian, I know I need to use God to overcome this but right now I am failing.  I am worried about all sorts of health issues yet I don't seem to be able to muster the initial push to get the ball rolling. 

So folks, I am going to try and ask you all to sign on to help me.  If you are willing to pledge your support of me by commenting below, I will ask you to help me by keeping me accountable.  Here is what I am asking for :

1 you will ask me for updates making it harder for me to give up.
2 if you see me, you will encourage me or point out suggestions to help
3 you will pray for me (or do whatever you do if prayer isn't your thing)

So, if you are willing to help, comment below here.  I will update the blog when there is information.  Thank you. 

3 comments:

  1. Eric,

    This is a huge step to take. The people i know who are successful at any behavior change are the ones who make up their own mind to take action and ask for help in making change. I am working on helping many of my patients who are obese. I am willing to see you as a patient to help you with this if you are interested. Keep up the good work, man.

    Kevin Presley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Eric. You got me in your corner. Love ya Brother!

    Pegg Flick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Live in each moment - the past is behind and forgiven and the future is in His hands. With each temptation, each choice we make we have the power of the Spirit always there to help us. With each successful step and each good choice, you will feel stronger.

    Here with you every step of the way, my love.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete