Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 1 is over

Well, week 1 is over.  I weighed myself lat Monday when I did the blood tests, and I weighed as much as I had ever weighed.  So, over the last week I have tried to eat better.  I am not jumping into a workout routine yet, but working to get my food choices fixed.

First I am focusing on sugar.  Since I am either diabetic or darn close to it, I figured it was most important to focus on learning how to eat like a diabetic.  This has gone well.  I am learning to check labels, use an app on my phone, and be smart about food choices.

My secondary focus is on calories.  Trying to make smart calorie decisions.

Both of these are dependent on having the right foods in the house.  So I have made an effort to bring in low sugar snacks and foods.

Well, I feel somewhat successful so far and the scale agrees.  I lost 8 pounds.  I am very happy with the 8 but it is a marathon and one can't get too amped up over the first 1000 feet!

2 comments:

  1. 8 lbs in one week is huge, Eric! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job.....be healthy for yourself an your family Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete